Information for GPs and other health professionals
If your patient does not fall into the below described categories and can complete a self-referral and opt-in, please encourage them to refer themselves on this website here.
If the person you are referring is unable to refer themselves because of, for example, their language or a disability, please complete our professionals referral form and we will make the appropriate arrangements to contact them. Current waiting times can be found here.
You can also use the form to advise us of any additional information that might be useful, like risk or mental health history.
If a client requests long-term counselling, we will signpost to local organisations offering low cost counselling. We will also assess eligibility for referral onwards to Lambeth Secondary Care Psychological Therapies Service who offer support to people with complex mental health difficulties.
Other Health Care Professionals (HCP)
If you are an HCP and would like to submit a referral, please do so using our professionals referral form.
Referrals will still need to be suitable for IAPT, and you can find our inclusion & exclusion criteria here. Referrals will be screened to make sure we are the most appropriate service for the client’s needs. Part of our role is to assess clients’ suitability for our service, and we may direct the referral elsewhere before assessment.
Please note, just because a referral has been submitted this does not mean a referral has been accepted, so please manage clients’ expectations.
Once a referral has been screened a member of the screening team will update the referrer on the outcome, this should be within approx. 2 weeks.
Please contact us to discuss referrals if:
- You are a GP and want to ask any questions about a referral
- You are unsure about what our service offers and whether we are able to support a client
- You would like some general advice about services in the area
We will do our best to indicate whether we are likely to be able to offer any therapy within our team. If not, we will aim to provide you with some recommendations of alternative NHS services or community resources which may be more suited to the needs of your client. We will aim to get back to you within 5 working days, our working hours are weekdays between 9-5 only.
Please mention specifically if your client has a history of or is currently experiencing any of the following:
- History of psychosis
- Diagnosis of Bipolar 1 or 2
- Diagnosis of a personality disorder
- Diagnosis of an eating disorder
- History of drug or alcohol dependency
- Has been seen by a specialist mental health service within the last 12 months
- Has been seen by Integrated Psychological Service (IPTT) within the last 12 months
- Seeking specific treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder or
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Has no access to public funds